Museums And Monuments Scavenger Hunt With Post Event Celebration
Teams put on their thinking caps and their walking shoes in order to outsmart their competition in this fun and fast-paced event. Your team will solve clues, take pictures of themselves doing outrageous things, find specific locations, and face off against other teams in this exciting and challenging event while they meet new people and work cohesively as a team in a high-energy, fun way.
Your group will be divided into teams to participate in a variety of challenges and compete against each other and the clock for prizes, bragging rights, or just for fun! Mobile app technology and experienced hunt facilitators will guide you through a Scavenger Hunt unlike any other… we have your map to fun and enjoyment!
Our Museums And Monuments scavenger hunt takes place in and around several Smithsonian museums and monuments on the National Mall. Look for items, answer trivia, get exciting pictures and win big prize!
How does it work?
- Upon arrival we will break you into teams, decides on a team name, and elect a captain.
- This is a photo scavenger hunt, so each team will be given a list of hunt items to take pictures of that are in and around the museums, monuments, and National Mall area. The item has a value between 10 – 100 points based on the difficulty in finding the item.
- Teams must find specific locations, complete fun and challenging tasks, and take photos of specific items which are uploaded to a mobile app that tracks each team’s score in real time. Teams also receive text notifications for unannounced challenges which can either add or subtract points from their total. Teams are also encouraged to bring back physical items to the final check-in location for additional bonus points.
- The list will also contain the final check-in location where each team must check in by a certain time. Each team should take whatever items it has and proceed to that location by the designated time. If you are late, you lose points. Teams are not expected to photograph or retrieve all of the items listed.
- The winning team will be the one that collects the most points. Prizes will be awarded to the top team.
At the end of the hunt, we host an award ceremony where we announce the winning teams. In addition, participants will enjoy a post event celebration with drinks, food, games, music, and a movie slideshow of the hunt.
Note: The race starts on time, so don’t be late or you will miss the event!
#iblackhunts, #scavengerhuntdc, #scavengerhunt
Casual clothes and comfortable shoes
Transportation, Parking & Directions:
Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum
600 Independence Ave, S.W.
Washington, DC 20560
Limited street parking is available in the area. There are several local parking garages in the area. Get a list of the surrounding garages and pricing here ===> ParkMe
Metro: L’Enfant Plaza Metro use the Maryland Ave. & 7th St. SW exit
Where To Meet?:
Meet iBlack representatives at the entrance to the food court inside of the National Air & Space Museum, 600 Independence Ave SW no later than 10:30 AM on Friday, July 8th where we will separate into teams, begin the Hunt orientation, and describe how the event will run.
* This event is co-sponsored by Scavenger Hunt DC
Please Share This Event With Others